happily ever after: Thankful on a Thursday

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful on a Thursday

1. That allergy season is just for a short time, Sweetie won't be miserable too much longer.



2. Driving downtown today to the dentist's office and seeing all the spring colors.

3. Lovin' on my boys today. I've been Grumpy Mommy for a couple days this week.


(this picture doesn't have anything to do with this post, just thought it was a really good one of Sweetie and Thing Two, and I'm pretty thankful for Sweetie.)

4. Finally answered ALL my emails this morning.

5. Had money to cover payroll, that's always something to be thankful for.

6. Yesterday I spent a chunk of the day reading THIS blog. I looked at it as if I was reading a really good book. She's funny, encouraging, funny, inspirational, funny and a whole lot funny. She's does the sweetest thing on Monday's where she encourages us to pray for our kids. Go check her out.

7. Didn't have so many heart palpitations in the last 24 hours. PTL! It's either acid reflux, a lovely early start on peri-menopause, stress, or too much sugar and caffeine. We're still waiting on the results.


(this didn't have anything to do with this post either, but I thought it was such a cute picture, and I am always thankful for this little guy and his dog.)

8. The scriptures that I've been clinging to this week.

9. My pretty pedicure I got yesterday. Thanks Sweetie. I used to get them all the time, though I hate the procedure, I love the way my toes feel afterward. I've been doing it myself for months now, trying to save money, I'd forgotten the agony of getting it done, but also forgot the joy in my toes when it's all finished.


(ah, the pretty toes. please don't be scared at how long my toes are, Sweetie can't really look at them, they freak him out a bit)

10. Snugglin' on the couch with my boys, the dog and my Sweetie tonight.

Hope you're finding things to be thankful for. It's such a blessing. Thank you Crayola Lady for turning me onto being thankful. You were right, it always works!


(this picture didn't have anything to do with this post either, but it's the only one of Calvin that I've gotten lately. He was trying to sleep, I was trying to get him out of bed. He loves his sleep. And his Mama loves him.)


(this picture REALLY doesn't have anything to do with this post, but I hadn't gotten a picture of Sweetie and I lately, this was the best one. I think it's a really great shot of the seatbelt. I know, I have quite the gift with photography, try not to be jealous.)