happily ever after: A Picture Post

Friday, April 3, 2009

A Picture Post

I finally figured out that my new laptop was downloading my pictures to the right place but was putting them in a file within the 2006 photos...huh? I need to tell SOMEONE what year it is.

<
Dave sleepin', what he did a lot the past couple of weeks. Though he won't admit it.


A pathetic attempt at playing Wii.


Administrating the meds. He's such a joy. This is the part where I smack him and tell him to take it like a man. Not really. Well, maybe.


Ah, motrin, finally starting to kick in.


Calvin, Mr. Handsome, he has been my righthand man the last couple of weeks. What a stud.


Finally back to school, and their grades have been really good this week. Yippee!


Ah, back to normal. This is as close to normal as it gets for us.


This was my favorite day. Our first day back, running a couple of errands. The boys being...well, boys, in the back seat. Makes a mama happy. And I only had to reach back and slap them a couple of times, life is good.


I don't normally get frozen waffles, but these were free with my new coupon thing I'm doing. I was so proud of myself. The boys were thrilled that I actually found a way to make convenience food healthy.


Another self portrait before I left for town yesterday. I love my boys.


Calvin took this mug shot of my rooster. Poor, Mr. Rooster, he's still not quite sure what he did wrong. But he's very sorry.

****************************************

So we have a couple of nice homes picked out for either my parents or Jay's mom, you know, to live in if they need to come out here for us to take care of them. We would really want to spoil them...so here goes the list, let me know what you think...


House #1, it's close to our home. The donkeys come with it and work as a built in alarm clock, so nice.


House #2, it's right across from the fire station, so I know my sister would visit more. You know it's true, Marcie. (sorry Lance)


House #3, what you don't see is that it comes with laundry facilities, yep, washer and dryer right on the back porch. Classy but convenient.


House #4, probably the one that is most habitable, except for what's written on that yellow sign...something about toxins...but it probably won't affect them too much.

We love our parents. We hope they come to visit really soon.

****************************************



So we almost missed it, what being on quarantine. Spring. The cherry blossoms. these trees are so beautiful.



Beautiful.



Tulips. These are for my mom. She loves tulips. Here you go mama, for you.

And because I love you so much, and because you are totally worth the expense, and because I'm thinkin' I need to do something nice for you, what with the whole 'puttin' you in a shack' business...some more tulips...





This is the river that we kayak down during the summer. The one that my bro-in-law thought he was going to die on. It's so much fun, and not at all dangerous. We might have to sell a dog in order to afford to do it again this year, but it's SO worth it.


I love these flowering trees. I don't even know what kind they are, if you know tell me, not that I care too much, I'd still use my name of 'big giant purply flowers tree'. I'm very scientific about these things.


And the dogwood, it's our state flower. I love the dogwood. We've got a very sad one in our yard, very sad. So I'm pretending this is our tree, it belongs to one of our neighbors. I didn't want to embarass myself by walking through their front yard to get a better picture of the thing, plus it was raining really hard at this point and I'd already done my hair...a girl has to have priorities. But I love the dogwood tree.

It's been overcast and rainy for a couple of days here, and today, the sun is out, windows are open and the birds are singing. I need to go put on my prairie dress and run through the fields. Hope y'all have a great day.

(Okay, so don't you know that I'm the worst speller, except of course, maybe for my dad and husband, I don't spell good. So then blogger's spell checker decided not to work. Dang it, I had to use the dictionary just to look up quarantine, because how often does one need that word. I hate dictionaries. But don't tell my boys, they still think that mom was a stellar student. Yeah, right.)