happily ever after

Saturday, June 6, 2009



Stacey over at all stace all the time gave me this award, she's so nice. I met her right after moving here, she worked at our little hometown homeschool store where the boys were signed up to take some classes even before we got into town. I liked her right off the bat, she's hilarious and down to earth real. We haven't been in classes this year, so I've missed seeing her, except for the occasional run in at Target. Thanks Stacey, you're the best!

Rules:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


Oh my gosh, I just read the rules. Seriously 15? I mean, I have 15 that I love. I have a lot more than 15, but do you realize what it takes to make all those linky things. Geeze! Okay, I'll stop whining and get to it.

These are not neccessarily new to me but they are great, and they aren't in any kind of order so don't be thinking that I'm playing any kind of favorites...

1. Jennifer over at All Things Henderson, she's the cousin of a new friend at church, she cracks me up and apparently I'm her new BBF.

2. Sylvia of Sylvia Basham, I met her through football. She's the one that ratted me out on facebook with the police report. But she's great.

3. Amy at The Johnson Family, she's actually my cousin. She has always had the most amazingly funny stories, they are short and so pickin' sweet and funny. Go forth and pee your pants.

4. This is Big Mama , she's wildly popular and you probably already know about her, but just in case you don't OH MY GOODNESS, she's' the type that I totally wish I could live by her and go to her house and have coffee with her. She's hilarious.

(are you getting the common thread here? i read blogs that make me laugh, it's my replacement since the guys don't like me watching daytime tv)

5. Crayola Lady, her husband used to be the music guy at our church in CA. They are funny people. I love being able to keep in touch with her. But I love her blog because she is honest and is sharing at times the difficulties that this life has thrown at her, she is such an encouragement & blessing to me.

6. This lady over at Homespun Living, I just found her blog about a month ago, but I just love it. She's all crafty and I'm not. I love to sit down with a cup of coffee and scroll through all her pictures, just so cute.

7. Kelly at Kelly's Korner, this is a new blog for me too. I found her on the day that she had gone into labor, I read her whole blog and then prayed for her sweet little baby. She's too much fun with all her bows and monograms and big southern smile. I absolutely love the home tours that she does every Friday. She's another one that I want to sit down with and have some diet coke, um I mean Crystal Light.

8. Lisa at It's the Little Things,I've shared about her blog before. She's great with a photograph and makes the cutest jewelry. I got my mama a necklace one year that says "mimi" on it. And Sweetie and the boys have gotten me a couple...one especially that says "happily ever after" on a heart that he got me for our anniversary...isn't he sweet? Anyway, I love her simplistic way for inspiring and encouraging us.

9. Lori at Livin' in a Fishbowl, she's going through adoption hell right now, but for the time being has a very precious little baby boy to be the little brother in their sweet family. She was at our wedding. She was in the youth when Jay and I used to help out. She was Calvin's first babysitter. She married our Pastor's son in CA. She's a great writer, a funny pastor's wife, a bit of a drama queen, throws up a lot, is strong & faithful under pressure, and is teaching us a lot through this rough patch.

10. Heidi at nothingbutbluesky, she JUST had her second baby this week. She's been through the ringer this pregnancy with a really bad accident, but we are praising God for her safety, health and the health and strength of little Samuel. Her husband has been a friend of ours for years and he works for our little company in CA.

11. Sarah at In the Midst of It, this is where it all started. I used to read Lisa Whelchel's site all the time for encouragement with homeschoolin' and when she quit she sent us all over to Sarah's one day. I've been hooked ever since. I'm lovin' that they now live on a ranch/farm type place and all their shenanigans...too fun! :o) And her little daughter is so yummy.

12. Ree over at The Pioneer Woman, we all know her, she's absolutely famous. But let me just say that her love for her husband and her ability to get distracted by his forearms...I understand, I completely understand...have I ever showed you Sweetie's forearms, remind me to...you'll swoon.

13. The Pleated Poppy blog, another crafty one, funky and fun. Her stuff inspires me so much. I wanna be just like her when I grow up. I just found her blog and haven't even read all her stuff yet, but check out her little shop, her stuff is too cute.

14. This is a guy's blog, but I knew him when he was a goober of a jr. higher, so it's okay. And he's like 20 years my junior, so whatever. But he's the brother of Lori Fishbowl and his writing is awesome too. And I really don't think his blog is 'lovely', I'd call it 'cool'. And no, I don't really think he's going to post this 'lovely' blog award on his blog.

15. Tracy, the coupon lady. She was great. She'd help us all find some awesome deals in our area. She had just shown me how to do her little coupon game, how to use her website, and then she went and got all spiritual on me and stopped. But she's great and funny and I'm thankful that I get to call her friend.

Whew, that took a long time, but it was really worth it and fun. Thanks guys!